Our new generation compact turning centers machines incorporate a wide range of enhancements that make Robotturn lathes better than ever. Our engineers reviewed and improved all aspects including motion control, integration of automation systems for material handling, coolant containment, chip evacuation, ergonomics, and serviceability – to create the highest quality, most reliable turning centers machine tools available. The XS Lathe range consists of a rigid flatbed structure made of high quality cast iron featuring high stability and good vibration dampening capacity.
• High Performance combined with SUPER compact design
• High flexibility: bar and chuck work
• Option for automation peripherals to meet any need.
The new design provides smooth chip disposal and easier operator access.
- parts diameter : Ø = 21/25 mm max
- parts length : L= 300 (800)mm max
- robot load 3kg x 2
- Payload 8kg
- Shaft loader :on demand
- parts diameter :Ø = 120 mm max
- parts length : L= 80mm max
- robot load 3kg x 2
- pallet diam 120 or 160 mm
The XS Lathe range consists of a rigid slant-bed structure made of high quality cast iron featuring high stability and good vibration dampening capacity.
All the main casting components of the lathes are structural analysed by finite element methods (FEM). The boundary conditions are assigned reasonably and adequately to optimize the structures and rib distribution of the base, saddle and headstock to reach high rigidity and better stability.
The headstock is mounted on the same surface of the guide ways. This design shortens the transmission path of cutting force and stabilizes the cutting capability.
Major structural components have been combined into one solid platform. The low center of gravity 45˚ slantbed design provides the most rigid foundation possible for the headstock, turret, and tailstock.
- parts diameter :Ø = 40/45 mm max
- parts length : L= 330 (800)mm max
- robot load 5kg x 2
- Payload 12kg
- Shaft loader :on demand
- parts diameter :Ø = 160 mm max
- parts length : L= 100mm max
- robot load 5kg x 2
- pallet diam 160 or 200 mm
The XT range consists of a rigid single piece slant (inclined) bed structure made of high quality cast iron featuring high stability and good vibration dampening capacity.
The new XT range combines the slant bed with a hydraulic tailstock. Major structural components have been combined into one solid platform.
The XT series is capable of performing heavy-duty turning and maintaining long-term high-precisionaccuracy. More rigidity also means extended tool life. Built to withstand years of rigorous high production turning, the heavily ribbed, one-piece,thermally balanced bed and casting parts are of "Meehanite" casting.
The 45 degrees true slant bed design further provides superior support for the headstock, turret, and tailstock, thus, creating the rigidity neededfor long-term high precision turning and efficient chip removal.
- parts diameter :Ø = 45 mm max
- parts length : L= 370 (900)mm max
- robot load 8kg x 2
- Payload 15kg
- Shaft loader :on demand
- parts diameter :Ø = 200 mm max
- parts length : L= 150mm max
- robot load 8kg x 2
- pallet diam 200 mm
Packed with industry leading technology and top-quality components, the Robotturn® X-series flexy cells combine power, strength, and speed to bring you the Ultimate Machining Power. These high speed machines will easily accomplish the demanding turning applications of today and tomorrow. Furthermore, with available live tooling and C-axis capabilities; milling, turning applications may be completed in one single machine.
The new design provides smooth chip disposal and easier operator access. Steel way covers and special steel wipers moulded with industrial strength rubber are used for durability. Fully enclosed splashguards keep chips and coolant contained for a safe clean working environment. The auto lubrication system delivers metered amounts of lubrication to the slide ways, ball screws, and vital components.
We bring major changes to the factory floor, as well to the global competitive landscape with our new Low-Cost Turning Cells.
Our latest models entering factories and being developed by our experienced engineering team are a different breed. They can work alongside standard CNC machines with the same operators and add huge productivity to your factory without any extra personnel needed. All are easy enough to program and deploy that you no longer need expert overseers.
That will change not only the way an increasing number of products are made. It could also mean an upheaval in the competition between companies. By reducing your labor costs, they also may allow yours and other high-wage countries to get back into some of the processes that have been ceded to China, central Asia, India, Africa, Mexico and other countries with vast armies of lower-paid workers.
Bar feeders, bar loaders, parts catchers, parts conveyors, overhead gantry loaders / unloaders, and integrated milling functions are all examples of turning center or CNC lathe automation. Each of these technologies serves to eliminate, reduce, or limit the amount of human intervention. Thus this improves spindle efficiency or increasing up-time, reducing operator error which reduces scrap while improving production rates and operator safety. Ultimately, this reduces cost/finish part.
There are a number of 3rd party suppliers for these technologies, but just like with all automation, that which is inherent to the design or built in by the machine tool OEM is the preferred choice.
Call "Patrick" +32 (0)475736351 (Belgium)
He will explain you all about our Machines.
(Nederlands - Français - English - Deutsch)
As today, in Europe, good skilled machine operators are extreme difficult to find, it is a real challenge for many manufacturers to bring them in and keep them.
Adding to that problem the fact that your skilled employees are spending their valuable time handling material, loading and unloading parts and completing other low level tasks, which is certainly not the optimal use of their talents. By automating some lower-skill-level procedures, you will be able to improve throughput and use your employees to their fullest potential.
In plus we do challenge a much bigger problem everybody is aware of: labour-cost, the biggest expense from the production process, is dramatically increasing.
To compete with countries with labour rates far under ours and with companies non-respecting working times, we must always be looking for ways to do the job better, faster and with fewer labour hours for each part produced and this with less people.
To counter this difficult market evolution, Robotturn® has designed together with a great maker with many years’ experience as OEM lathe manufacturer for big names, a range of affordable compact flexy turning cells for unmanned or minimally staffed manufacturing.
For turning bar material, pre-formed blanks, long shafts and parts with a diameter larger than the spindle capacity, we offer different models of lathes with an integrated gantry Robot-loader-unloader for fully automatic loading/unloading and unmanned operation.
Automated processes now offer the highest potentials for increase of productivity. By automating tasks that require lesser skills, you will be able to increase throughput and use your operators to their fullest potential. At the same time, consistent production quality is achieved. This leads to economic success and the growing pressure of rising costs is countered efficiently.
Robotturn® has developed this new Robot-cells based on over 25 years of experience in the metalworking industry. No one understands better than us that metalworking companies are struggling to stay in the market. Customers expect shorter delivery times, margins are under pressure, and there is a growing shortage of skilled operators. Moreover, the expensive CNC machines have an insufficient number of spindle hours.
The mission of Robotturn® is to help metalworking companies become more profitable immediately, even when producing smaller series. The new Robot-cells provides a standard and easily accessible solution, which is successfully being used by many companies.
Robotturn FLEXYCELL- XS150+∑80
- Robotturn XS 150 with high speed super precision lineair toolholder
- recommanded: max parts diameter :Ø = 160 mm max parts length : L= 100mm
- Sigma 80 high speed gantry robot with load of 8 kg (2 x 4kg) max payload 10kg
- 8 palets APC diam 150 mm
- Dual robot-gripper
- Transport belt parts in/out for manual loading unloading
- Hydraulic 3 jaw chuck 150mm
- Chip conveyor to the back
- Parts Cleaning - drying Station operated by robot
- Quality control Chute with Zero defect logic for small series
- High speed 500/1000 blocks looking ahead controller
- HMI - Robot controller integrated in the CNC controller
- Optional active tool monitoring based on power
- Fully Ce protection around machine
- Adding a robot to an existing lathe is not the optimal solution. Losing space in front of your lathe. Accessibility is reduced.
- Expensive: we offer a full cell where the others who offer only a robot for that price.
- With our solution we give you two running lathes with double output! Your existing one and a new Robotturn.
- Adding a robot to an existing lathe is increasing the capacity by adding some extra hours per day in production. We triple your capacity with a second robotized lathe and give you also all the benefits of a robot. One operator can run now more machines without any problem.
- With Robotturn : same investment, triple output, triple profit !
- Every operator from a cnc lathe can now handle easily extra one or more second robotized lathe.
- One controller for machine and robot : no interfacing problems and one supplier!
Is this not a question your machine operator is daily confronted with?
Perhaps you recognize the complex controller shown here?
Perhaps you find it scary to look at, let alone interact with?
It clearly radiates a complex and technical nature of interaction and understanding.
You most likely need extensive training to control that thing - right?
We defined that any CNC operator should be able to use our Robotturn. Our concept is meant to make robotized turning cells more accessible and affordable. The complex pendant controller every robot maker is using is a huge bottleneck in that paradigm. The challenge consisted of redesigning the interface of the Robot. Rather than a pendant with hundreds of unknown buttons, that has been the standard since forever, we took a very innovative decision to use an interactive touchscreen with very simple graphic interaction, to control the robot-loader and kept the Lathe controller as standard. This means that the lathe can be used as standard CNC machine to make one single piece manually without interaction of the robot. All possible loading-unloading cycles are pre-programmed and the operator need only to fill in some of the values of the different stop/start points in the graphic interface. Simpler is not possible!
No robotics experience is required for the graphical robot controller. Our robot is already completely pre-programmed, so that the operator only needs to enter a few parameters. This means a new series can be started in a matter of minutes.
As a CNC controller is the heart of a production machine, reliability is the most important factor today. Robotturn® selected the 3 most reliable suppliers on the market today to serve our robotized turning cells. Fanuc and Siemens as the most sold controllers in the world and Syntec as the best value in the market, fully stuffed with all the thinkable options. Our Standard machines are equipped with the high speed Syntec TA controller with 500/1000 block ahead reading function, all turning cycles, high speed computing, graphical interface, mechatrolink® serial bus, etc. Syntec, based on long term OEM production for major Japanese CNC makers, offers a reliable high quality and a great value for money CNC package, including many more options than any other maker for which you must not pay extra.
- Ball screws & linear guideways…………….........…NSK/THK (Japan), PMI/HIWIN (Taiwan)
- Bearings……………………………………………….NTN (Japan)
- Motors/drivers………………………………..…….....YASKAWA/FUJI (Japan), Syntec (Taiwan)
- Controller………………………………………………SYNTEC (Taiwan), FANUC, SIEMENS
- Electronic switching parts………………………........SCHNEIDER, SIEMENS (France/Germany)
- Hydraulic cylinder & parts……………………….......Taiwan
- Pneumatic parts….……………………………………SMC (Japan), Festo
- Switches...................................................................Omron (Japan - France)